Hi, I’m Dr. Hughey and I’m glad you’re here and ready to learn about women’s health care.
There are three good ways to use this website:
- Follow the Daily Schedule, so that each day, you’ll do a little learning in each of the major areas. This will take about an hour or less, and by the end of your rotation, you’ll be very well prepared.
- Follow the Learning Objectives. After completing all of the Objectives, you will be very well prepared.
- Pick and choose from the the variety of training options in the drop-down menus. This gives you the greatest flexibility, but creates the opportunity for missing something important.
During this 6-week rotation, we’ll meet Mondays through Fridays, starting 1st thing in the morning. Each day I’ll discuss some patients, emphasizing the “why” and “how” to help you learn this material. Then, you’ll go to the OB or GYN outpatient clinics to see some patients. One morning a week, you’ll be in the Operating Room. Each day, we’ll also have a couple of afternoon lectures and an OBGYN Skills Lab.
I’ll be using graphical techniques for efficient on-screen learning so I don’t waste your time. You’ll see both traditional lectures and interactive, patient based learning scenarios. I’ve been teaching OBGYN to M3′s for 30 years, and I’m sure this will work for you. Don’t worry, I’ll be around to help.
In the event you’re not in the mood for a simulation…you just want to know what you’re supposed to learn…then you should go directly to the Learning Objectives, which are linked to the information you are seeking.
You’ll need a computer equipped with:
- Sound card and speakers or headphones since much of the training uses an audio channel.
- PDF reader. If you don’t have this installed, you can download a free PDF reader from Adobe here.
- Video player capable of playing WMV files. If you don’t have this, you can download a free one from Microsoft here.
- Video player capable of playing DivX files. This is our highest resolution. If you don’t have this, you can download a free one from DivX here.
- Flash plug-in for your internet browser. 98% of computers already have this, but you can download one free from Adobe here.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by this and don’t know where to begin, I’d recommend you start off on Monday, July 1st, the first day of your rotation.
I hope you find this material useful. If you have any suggestions or comments, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org